It Took Three Years

…but we finally put our house numbers up.

house numbersI bought the numbers on Etsy when we first moved in. I loved the wide font and the rusty, flaking metal treatment. Jared sprayed the numbers numerous times with a lacquer so they would stop rusting and bleed if the sign got wet, and I used black carpet ¬†tacks to nail the numbers to the awesome faded hunk of wood our neighbor Joel had in the back of his pickup. All the sign needs now is a base to keep it upright, and it’s ready¬†for action!

 

 

One Comment

  1. that hunk of wood was once part of a rustic rural covered bridge south of Portland. Some beams were milled into plank flooring, but pieces that were checked and splitting became firewood (or, in this case, address signs!).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *